1250 Meidinger Tower
462 South 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Phone: (502) 589-4600
Fax: (502) 584-0422
- Commercial Litigation, Construction, Eminent Domain, Public Regulation, Employment.
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts, 1989.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1992
- Kentucky, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana,1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2007
John is a founding equity member of the firm. He has received an AV Preeminent rating through the peer review proceess. He has substantial first-chair experience in multiple jurisdictions before juries, judges, and arbitrators. He has recovered millions of dollars for his clients, and has successfully defended claims just as large.
Many of these actions have continued on through state and federal appellate courts, and John has briefed and argued cases in multiple states before both state and federal panels. John has given a number of presentations on mechanics lien law and environmental regulatory provisions. He is also the Kentucky contributing author for the American Subcontractors Association mechanics lien manual.
Selected Appellate Decisions:
- Action Capital Corp. v. Eclipse Bank, Inc., 2010-CA-000307-MR (Ky. App. 2011)
- Moorhead v. Manning, 265 S.W.3d 201 (Ky. 2008)
- Solnosky v. Goodwell, 892 N.E.2d 174 (Ind. App.2008)
- MSD v. Bischoff, 248 S.W.3d 533 (Ky. 2007)
- Golden Foods, Inc. v. MSD, 240 S.W.3d 679 (Ky. App. 2007)
- L&W Supply Corp. v. Acuity, 475 F.3d 73 (6th Cir. 2007)
- Solnosky v. Goodwell, 22A04-0411-CV-623, (Ind. App. 2005)
- Amelkin v. McClure, 330 F.2d 822 (6th Cir. 2003)
- Moorhead v. Manning Equipment, Inc. 1999-CA-001423 (Ky. App. 2001)
- Franklin Roofing, Inc. v. Eagle Roofing and Sheet Metal, 61 S.W.2d 239 (Ky. App. 2001)
- In re: Excel Engineering, Inc., 224 B.R. 582 (Bankr. W.D. Ky. 1998)
- Board Member, Habitat for Humanity of Metro Louisville 1993-1999, 2006-2011, 2016-
- Board Member, Habitat ReStore, 2006-2012
- President, Notre Dame Club of Kentucky, 1994
AV Preeminent® is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.